site templates free download

Travel to Italy

  • The climate - The climate varies considerably from the north to the south of Italy. In the north of the country - the area between the Alps and the Tuscan-Emilia Apennines - the climate is harsh, with very cold winters and very hot, particularly humid summers. In central Italy the climate is milder, with a smaller difference in temperature between summer and winter and a shorter and less intense cold season than in the north; summers are longer, but the sultriness of the northern cities is mitigated by the sea. In southern Italy and the islands winters are never particularly harsh, and spring and autumn temperatures are similar to those reached in the summer in other areas of Italy. Temperatures vary widely in Italy, in the north, center or south of the Country. You can find average temperature like a min. of 28,4 F. during January up to a Max of 41 F. rising up till 62min./84,2max in August in north of Italy (Milan) passing at 37.4min./53.6max. In January and 62.6min/86max in July in the center (Rome) and ending with a 48.2min./57.2max in January 71.6min/86max in July/August in the south (Palermo)
  • Who need a Visa? - Nationals of the following countries do not require a visa for visits up to a maximum of 90 days, for tourism, on missions, business, invitations, ought to take part in sports events, study: Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Dominica, El Salvador, Emirati Arabi Uniti, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Georgia, Guatemala, Grenada, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Macao, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Northern Marianas, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Samoa, Santa Lucia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Korea, St, Vincent e Granadine, Taiwan, Timor Est, Trinidad e Tobago, Ukraine, United States, Uruguay, Vanatu, Venezuela. Citizens of Taiwan exemption from visa obligation is applied exclusively to holders of passports with identity card number included. Citizens of Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia are exempt from visa obligation only if the passport contains biometric data. This does not apply to citizens of Serbia holding passports issued by the Serbian Coordination Directorate ("Koordinaciona uprava"). Nationals of San Marino, the Holy See and Switzerland do not require a visas in any case. All other Nationals need a Visa. Visa applications - specifying the reason for the trip - must be made to the Italian Consulate in the applicant's country of residence, and are generally issued 90 days after the application was been made.
  • General rules for driving in Italy - Driving licenses issued by any of the EU Member States are valid throughout the European Union, including Italy. Drivers with a license issued by any EU country do not require an international driving permit or a legal translation of their own license. To drive in Italy, you must be over 18. Keep right and overtake on the left. Dipped headlights must be used on two-lane motorways. When driving through towns and villages, the horn may be sounded only in the event of an emergency. Trams and trains have right of way. The use of seat-belts in both the front and rear seats is compulsory, and failure to keep them fastened may result in fines for both drivers and passengers. On three-lane motorways, the lane on the right is reserved for slow vehicles and vehicles that are not overtaking. At crossings, vehicles approaching from the right always have right of way. Seat-belts must be fastened both in the front and the rear (provided the vehicle is fitted with them). Fines may be issued on-the- spot to drivers and passengers stopped by the police and found traveling without their seat-belt fastened. Mopeds below 150cc may not be driven on motorways under any circumstances. Helmets are compulsory to drive all motorcycles and mopeds, whatever the engine size. What are the speed limits? Cars and motorbikes (vehicles with engine size over 150 cc):urban areas 50 km/h (31 mph); minor out-of- town roads 90 km/h (56 mph); major out- of-town roads 110 km/h (68 mph); motorways 130 km/h (81 mph). In the event of rain on snow, the limit is lowered to 110 k/h on motorways and 90 k/h on trunk roads. In order to ensure that these limits are complied with, numerous speed cameras have been installed throughout the road and motorway network to keep electronic checks on speed.
  • Currency - No declaration is necessary for personal transport of currency or negotiable instruments at a value of up to $ 10,000. For amounts exceeding $ 10,000, an appropriate customs declaration form can be found on the Italian Customs Agency's website together with all the other information.
  • Credit cards - As well as in cash, purchases can be paid for using the most common credit cards. This payment system is common in Italian shops, which generally display the symbols of the credit cards they accept on the outside door. If you pay by credit card you will be asked to show an identity document. Travelers cheques (in USD or Euros) can also be cashed in Italian banks Monday to Friday.
  • Tips -Tips are not compulsory and in Italy there are no generally established rules, although it is common practice to leave a sum amounting between 7% and 10% of the bill if you are satisfied with the service you have received larger amount it's obviously always welcome.
  • Health-care - EU and non-EU citizens (if entitled to assisted health care in EU countries) traveling in Italy with the required certificate (European Health Insurance Card or a provisional replacement certificate) may obtain services required directly, free of charge - excepting the payment of an eventual co-pay (called ticket)- at a public hospital or facility covered in private agreement with the National Health Service. Non-EU citizens coming from countries not covered by the agreement are provided with health services that must be paid for in accordance with the relative scale of charges. For further information, consult the website for the Ministry of Health.
  • Trade of Cultural Heritage Works - Tourists who buy paintings, sculptures or antiques, etc., are entitled to receive from the seller the documentation attesting their "authenticity or at least the probable attribution and origin" Not all cultural heritage can be traded or exported..For works that are less than 50 years old or works of living artists, the tourist must present self-certification to the Export Office that states the cultural good is less than 50 years old or made by a living artist. The certification must include two photographs of the item in question, along with a copy of the buyer's identification document. For works that are more than 50 years old, the buyer must present the cultural heritage work to the Export Office in order to obtain a certificate of free circulation (if the seller has not already registered it). The time required to obtain the free circulation varies from a minimum of 15 to a maximum of 40 days. It is important to be aware that the free circulation certificate is not a right, and therefore can be denied if the Export Office deems its export a damage to the Italian national cultural heritage.
  • Custom- Travel within the European Union. No quantitative limits exist in regards to what is purchased or carried within the EU for personal use, Excepting: Some categories that must not exceed the fixed maximum quantity. They are: Tobacco Products: 800 cigarettes, 400 cigarillos, 200 cigars, or 1 kg smoking tobacco; Alcohol and alcoholic beverages: 10 liters alcoholic beverages above 22% strength, 20 liters alcoholic beverages below 22% strength, 90 liters wine (only 60 liters of which can be sparkling wine) and 110 liters beer.
  • Custom - Travel from/to non-EU Countries.    From December 1, 2008, travelers arriving from a non-EU country can carry products and consumer goods in their personal luggage without having to fulfill customs formalities, provided that their value does not exceed $ 300 per traveler. This amount is increased to $ 430 for air or sea travel and again, provided that no commercial use is intended. For travelers under 15 years of age, the maximum value permitted is $ 150 on all transport. For the categories listed below, the following quantities are allowed: Tobacco products: 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos (maximum 3 g each), 50 cigars or 250 g smoking tobacco; Alcohol and alcoholic beverages: 1 liter of alcohol or alcoholic beverages above 22% strength or of non-methylated spirits above 80% strength; or 2 liters of alcohol and alcoholic beverages below 22% strength..

Company Info

powered by Gsweblab


1549 NE 123rd NORTH MIAMI 

City MIAMI FL 33161